Talent Tools for High Potentials
KSAP (Knowledge, Skills and Attributes of Potential) puts the science at your fingertips in a way that elevates your ability to identify and develop High Potential Talent. Evidenced based, and experience tested, KSAP will allow you can now identify, measure, and develop Potential talent.
To upskill your career, and gain access to use and purchase the tools below, register for our KSAP High Potential Identification Virtual Certification Workshop on our Events Calendar.
KSAP Field Guide
The KSAP Field Guide integrates all of the research on Potential. The field guide provides you with a thorough look at the Markers, Drivers, and Practices with inclusion of:
- Linkages of the Markers, Drivers, and Practices to developmental assignments
- The Domains of the Practices and how these are related to all of the KSA libraries
- Why the Practice is Important
- Behaviors of the Practice
- Where the Practice fits in to the Potential conversation
- How to measure performance in the Practice
- What can happen when the Practice is done poorly
- Brain insights from recent neuroscience to help develop the Practice
- Behavior markers from school, college, and in the workplace
- Interview guidelines for identifying and promoting Potential
KSAP Sort Cards
Practices will vary in importance from organization to organization. Sort cards immerse decision-makers into exercises that put the science directly in their hands in order to determine what is most important in the organizational context.
What Marker/Drivers and Practices will define Potential talent in your organization? By understanding your organization’s strategy you can answer critical questions such as this through the use of sort cards. The outcome? Solid plans that can be implemented throughout a talent system.
The linkage between the Markers, Drivers and Roles of all of the KSA libraries and the connection between all of the KSAP Practices and those of all of the other libraries are provided in this one document. The KSAP Codex allows for the identification of the Markers, Drivers, and Practices that need attention in order to leverage individual Potential to take on increasingly more challenging roles. This analytical map leads to use of the Hello! Interview Guides to identify and on-board potential.
Placemats allow the user to have rapid access to an overview of the KSAP information in easy to access format. Placemats have been designed in several ways to meet your needs and come in both color and black and white versions.
- SIDE A/B – Accessible Overview of the library of Roles and Practices and a Review of Developmental Difficulty of all Practices
- SIDE C/D – User friendly view of how each Role connects to the Practices and identification of the mission critical Practices for success
- SIDE E/F – At a glance view of how all Practices can be leveraged to build your career through assignments accompanied with definitions of Career Assignment
KSAP R.A.N.D. Career Profile Survey
The R.A.N.D. Career Survey is where Science Meets Potential. This survey is completed by the manager(s) of those considered to have high potential in an organization. Using the scientifically derived KSAP framework, managers assess employees against observable behaviors in a user-friendly experience. Results are provided to the talent leader for analysis and insights that drive succession planning, career assignments, and developmental prioritizations, to name a few. Report Sections include:
- Drivers and Marker Ranking
- Practices Ranking
- Practices Domains
- Practices in Rank Order within Domains
- Driver/Marker and Placemat Report
- Framing Questions – Relocation, Cultural and Leadership Fit
- R.A.N.D. Potential Index
- R.A.N.D. Total Index
The R.A.N.D. Career Survey Report is intended for the confidential use of the talent manager or leader of talent management conversations. Using the report allows a talent management team to look at key behaviors essential for future success in the organization.
KSAP 360 Survey
We have developed a comprehensive suite of survey tools to facilitate Potential development including our 360 Survey to provide well-rounded development feedback that fuels performance.
- The Placemat Highlight Report – The highest and lowest overall ratings of the selected Practices and Roles
- The KSAP Summary Report – Summary of the highest and lowest ratings of the Roles and Practices
- The KSAP Roles and Practices Detail Report – View all of the data with the exception of the written comments. Each Role and Practice selected for the survey is presented with all of the averages across groups
- The KSAP Written Comments Report – View of the written comments verbatim, without reference to source or position on the organization
- The KSAP Combination Report – Combination of all of the four reports into one
We can be your vendor for implementing 360 Surveys from our KSA (Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes) Libraries, complete with managing the survey, reporting, and coaching. We can also certify your development staff to have full access to the suite of tools operational control.
KSAP Tally Sheets and Posters
Let’s be honest. Your desk can get messy. When engaging with our sort cards exercises, Tally Sheets provide a clean framework for recording the insights that you discover. Tally Sheets allow decision-makers to jump from sorting exercises to analysis, to action planning and come in both:
- Drivers and Markers Tally Sheets
- Practices Tally Sheets