Graham is the Founder and Chief Synergist at Culture Synergy. He spent the early years of his career working for a leading Australian employer association and represented various global and domestic clients from a range of industries in the Industrial Relations Courts and Commissions after which he utilized his learning of effective workplace relations to launch his career in HR and line management.
Graham’s career has focused on facilitating team and individual success in organizations of all sizes which have led to improved bottom line results and shifting culture scores such as moving FedEx Express from 10th to 6th Best Place to Work in UAE. He has worked in Managing Director, Executive Vice President, Executive General Manager, and Group Head roles and has 25 years of global experience across Oceana, APAC, Middle East, Africa, Europe, and the Americas with Tier 1 organizations listed on the NYSE, ASX, LSX and TSX.
He credits his career growth to being agile and willing to take on hard assignments in any location. He’s not your average CHRO as he has had line accountability for health and safety, sustainability, risk/integrity, supply chain, IT/digital technology, engineering services, and asset management teams across more than 100 countries and lived in 10 countries. As a seasoned CHRO and executive, he has C-Suite Remuneration and Risk Governance Board Committee experience and focused his HR career leading culture and organizational capability transformation, HR transformation and digitization, M&A integration, growth/turnaround projects, business opportunity and performance improvement transformation projects across the enterprise and within departments.
Graham works mostly in the Middle East, APAC and Africa regions coaching senior leaders and high-potential candidates and runs a coaching academy dedicated to emerging and newly appointed CHROs. Working with Public and Private Boards, Senior Leaders, and Private Equity firms, he consults and advises on:
- Strategy workshop facilitation and the identification of fit-for-purpose organizational model and structure, and mission-critical roles, skills and knowledge required to deliver a strategy.
- Measuring company culture and designing strategies to deliver a safe, inclusive, and constructive workplace culture.
- Talent identification, management, and succession strategies.
- Leadership development and career management programs – IC, Manager, and Leader levels.
- Assessing the maturity of HR services, processes, and roles and designing the change plan to align the functions architecture, and practices to current/future business needs.
- Draft role success profiles for critical roles and senior roles and assess talent for fit and cross-cultural integration.
- Advise on the M&A people and company culture and cross-culture strategic needs to maximize integration value.
- Facilitating (cross-culture) team readiness and alignment programs in house and with clients.
Graham is an Associate with TalentTelligent and conducts Certification programs (in house, online and public) and assists clients with system implementation. He is also certified in other culture and leadership assessment and development tools, such as Personality and Ability Assessment, MBTI, KFLA, KF 360, KF Assessment of Leadership Potential, KF Via-Edge, KF Interview Architect, LSI, GSI, L/I, OCI, OCE, and CSS.
Graham is an alumnus of Harvard Business School, having completed the Advanced Management Program, and the Michigan University Ross School of Business where he completed the Advanced Human Resources Program. He is a Fellow of the Australian Human Resources Institute and a Chartered Generalist OHS Professional with the Australian Institute of Health and Safety. He holds an International Company Director Diploma from the Australian Institute of Company Directors, a Bachelor’s Degree in Education/Business from the University of Melbourne, a Master’s Degree in Labour Law and Relations from the University of Sydney, a Graduate Diploma in OHS from Curtin University, and an Advanced Diploma in Neuroscience of Leadership.
How to Contact Gordon:
- Phone – +61 448487616
- Current Location – Australia, Singapore, UAE
- Works Globally
- Extensively experienced in retail, express multi-modal logistics, mine production and exploration, oil and gas services, construction and engineering, services professional services.